Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mush Brain

My brain has turned to mush.

I've been the single parent on call for seven full days. We've done Christmas concerts, violin and piano lessons, school every day.  Yesterday, I took all four kids on multiple errands, including the bank, the outlet malls, and the evil store ending in -Mart. We wrapped presents, and as of yesterday, the blessed Christmas shopping is done.

We even went to the ward Christmas party. Ian was less than enthusiastic about the fat man in the red suit.

Today though, was a mess. We've officially entered the stage with Ian where you get dressed up to walk the halls for 3 hours. Problem was, I had three other kids in the mix. The highlight of sacrament meeting came when Ian slipped off the bench when he was trying to escape and opened up a cut behind his ear. We came home from church, had soup from a can and watched a movie.

I'm done with single mom duty. Done. Don't know how actual single moms do it.

I keep reminding myself that my husband will be home Tuesday. Then I want to be the one to run off to Europe.

3 comments:

  1. Where shall we start our Euro tour? I'm thinking just start in London and work our way east, ending in Venice? What say you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! My only advice is to hide in the bathroom and eat a whole bag of chocolate chips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. You are doing good things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails