Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm convinced

I'm convinced that there is no better sound in the world than a baby's laugh. Today, just before bath time, I was tickling Max, and he erupted with an all-out body-shaking belly laugh for the first time. It made my whole day. Later on, I was tossing Max up in the air repeatedly to get him to laugh, then Tom was laughing at me for going to such great lengths for a giggle. But somehow, no matter how many crazy doctor appointments, muddy dog paw prints on the carpet, sassy five year olds, or how much stress over an impending surgery, one baby giggle puts it all in perspective.

3 comments:

  1. There is nothing in the world like a baby giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a video online once of a mom in bed with triplets (I think) and the dad making a video of the babies giggling. Watching that was almost as good as hearing your own baby laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, so I decided to find the clip. Not as good as Max laughing, I know, but hopefully you'll still enjoy this.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkB9uoBFbZY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails