Friday, January 6, 2012

A girl could get used to this

I don't love winter. I hate being cold, I despise needing (and losing) boots, hats, gloves coats and snowpants in every size, and I especially loathe snowpacked canyon drives to and from violin lessons. This becomes rather problematic when I live in a town that had snow on Memorial Day last year.

Except this year. January 6. Practically springtime, don't ya know?

We've had little to no measurable snowfall, no need to bust out the snow tires and chains, and no building of snowmen, much to my kids' chagrin.

But from my perspective, there's nothing wrong with a trip to the park with the kids on a sunny January afternoon.

I just hope Mother Nature doesn't decide to  dump snow on us clear through June as payback.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good Christmas! We've got snow down here today, as I imagine you likely have as well. I'm glad you got out and enjoyed the playground before snow fell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! We had 2 days of 63 degrees last week, went to the park and the zoo...then it goes ahead and snows on us today. Go figure. Loved all the Christmas pictures, wish we could have been there. Eric's on a moving back west kick, so maybe eventually we will have Christmas together :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails