Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Best Medicine

So far, the six weeks of 2010 have felt like one big, long ear infection. 

I am so sick of ear infections, antibiotics, doctor visits, long nights with a screaming baby, and sitting in the rocking chair all. day. long.

We're five days into our current course of antibiotics, and Max is still running a fever at least part of every day, and his lungs creak and rattle when he breathes.  I keep hoping it will go away, but expect that we will be back to the doctor soon. I think we're paying someone's salary at my pediatrician's office once copay at a time.  Doing our part to stimulate the economy and all that.

But today was a good day anyway.

I finally got that haircut.  Turns out I do have a pair of eyes hiding under all my bad hair.

My good friend sent me a surprise box of chocolate covered strawberries and cherries in the mail today for Valentine's Day.  I love getting mail.  Getting a box full of fancy chocolates is one of the best surprises ever.

And yesterday my husband came home with a Massage Envy giftcard for me, and he had already set the appointment for this afternoon.  Bless him.

So this afternoon, after a haircut, massage and significant amounts of chocolate, I finally started to feel like a person again instead of just a tired mommy.

And you know what?  It feels good. 

(And now, I just need to figure out how to swing another massage without suffering through six weeks of ear infections...)

4 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. We've had the creepin' crud zip thru our family the past two weeks too. Miserable.
    We're feeling better, tho, so I hope you all are on the mend soon.
    I'm with you on the haircut...I always feel like a new woman afterwards!
    Hang in there Momma!
    THanks for your kind comment on my blog!
    Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you & your haircut/massage/chocolate. What a triple joy!

    Here's to no more ear infections and health on the horizon for all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a fab day! Good for you! I hope the ear infections die and go away. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you make a standing appointment at the massage place? you may need to :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails