Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm a geek

I was getting Max to sleep tonight and stumbled upon the National Spelling Bee. I didn't intend to get sucked in, but who can resist when people are not only pronouncing, but spelling words like humuhumunukunukuapuaa quickly sucked me in.

I remember being in our school spelling bee when I was in 5th and 6th grade. My mom and I spent hours going through a list of bizarre unpronounceable words and memorizing them. I can't even remember how I placed, but needless to say, I didn't make it very far.

And to prove my ultimate geekdom, I watched the whole thing. Right down to the winner, who spelled "laodicean" to win $40,000 in cash and prizes. And in the nearly two hours of unpronouncable words, I think I only recognized two words. But I feel kind of smart for watching it. (It might be a little like how you feel thinner because you watched "Biggest Loser.")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails